How to Fix Invalid Value for Registry JPG/JPEG Windows 10
Are you facing an invalid value for registry JPG/JPEG on windows 10? The first thing to do is open the images with another similar application to fix invalid values for registry errors. This simple method is very useful, as your old software for viewing images may not work correctly after a Windows upgrade. If this way fails, try the following solutions to fix the matter.
About the “invalid value for registry” error
The “invalid value for registry” error is typical for Windows and most often appears after rebooting the system.
This difficulty happens if not all Windows viewer app files are updated. This article deals with JPG/JPEG/PNG since these files are most often affected. The good news is that the “invalid value for registry” error can be fixed, and your images can be restored. There are several ways to do this.
How to Fix Invalid Value for Registry JPG/JPEG?
Restore JPG/JPEG with Invalid Value for Registry Error
Windows 10 invalid value for registry JPEG issue occurs unexpectedly and can simply lead to damage and loss of photos. We highly suggest you restore JPG/JPEG files in advance if any data loss situation occurs due to troubleshooting.
The best way to restore images is with the help of unique, professional software. Data Recovery Wizard is the best data recovery software to easily and quickly recover deleted, formatted, or lost data from your PC, laptop, or removable devices. It is also great at JPEG photo repair, video repair, and document repair.
Follow the guides below to learn how to recover JPG, JPEG, PNG, and other photos with disk data recovery software.
- Select a location and start scanning.
Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, hover on the location (hard drive partition, external HDD, Card devices) where you lost data, then click “Scan.”
- Preview and select the files.
Wait until the scanning completes. If you require to double-click the item to preview the file, select the data you attempt to recover.
- Recover lost data.
Click “Recover,” choose a location to save the recovered data, then click “OK.” You should store the data in another place instead of the original one.
Reset the Photo App without Touching the Registry
Resetting will delete settings and cached data from the Photos application on your system. You can resolve the invalid value for registry error in this way. This is for Windows 10 users:
- Enter to Start > Settings > System > Apps & Features.
- Click “Microsoft Photos.” A box appears. Select “Advanced Options.”
- Click the “Reset” button.
This would take some time and when it’s finished, restart your PC. Check if you have solved the invalid value error.
Fix Invalid Value for Registry Issue by Changing the Registry Settings
Now you can feel free to fix the registry difficulty in Windows 10 with the solution here, which is also applicable in Windows 7 and 8.
- Press Windows + R and type Regedit to the Run dialog box to open Registry Editor.
- Click “Yes” to run Registry Editor.
In the left pane of Registry Editor, navigate to the following registry key:
At this registry location, you first require to take ownership of Microsoft.Windows:
- Select “Administrator (Desktop Name \ Administrator)” and click “Advanced.”
- Click “Change” next to SYSTEM.
- Enter your User Name and click “Check Names” to get the correct form, and click “OK” to confirm.
- Check to Replace owner on the sub-containers and objects and choose Apply. Then hit OK to keep all the changes.
- Finally, choose the User Name (Your Desktop Name \ Administrator) option and check to Allow boxes for “Full Control” and “Read,” click Apply. And select “OK” to keep all the changes.
Once you spotted all outdated version keys, right-click on them one by one and select “Delete.” This step will remove some of your keys in Registry and cause some file loss or program failure issues. Be very careful and pick the right keys to delete.
After deleting lower version number entries, you can close Registry Editor and restart your machine; that should fix the “Invalid Value for Registry” problem.
Update Windows Photo Drivers
If your graphic drivers are out-of-date, you might encounter an invalid value for registry issues as well. Therefore, you need to update your drivers.
- At the Start, type Device Manager. Select “Device Manager” from the list displayed.
- Expand “Display Adapters” and right-click on “graphics driver,” and select “Update Driver.”
- Select “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
After the process, restart the computer. The error “invalid value for registry” should disappear.
Run Windows Troubleshooter to Fix Invalid Value for Registry Error
If you still fail to view your photos, you can run a Windows troubleshooter to troubleshoot problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.
- Enter to Start> Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- Select “Windows Store Apps > Run the troubleshooter”.
The troubleshooter would analyze and detect problems automatically. After the process, you may fix the invalid value for registry error while viewing JPG/JPEG/PDF.
Clear the Windows Store Caches
Windows Store Cache is one of the reasons causing the error. It is an excellent choice to clear the Windows Store Cache. This process will reset Windows StoreCaches. Once this process ends, try to restart the Windows Store and see whether the problem is solved or not.
- Press “Win + R” to open the Run box.
- Type WSReset.exe and then tap “Enter.”
Then, Windows Store will open, and there is a message showing that: The cache for the Store was cleared.
Run System File Checker (SFC)
If you have file system issues, you may encounter this error. SFC, also called System File Checker, is a utility in Windows that provides users to scan for corruption in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.
Follow the steps below:
- Type Command Prompt in the search bar, right-hit it, and select Run as administrator.
- Type the following cmd: sfc /scannow and hit “Enter.”