How to Uninstall Discord from PC with A Reliable Method
How to Uninstall Discord from PC? Unable to uninstall Discord and the application still exist after restarting the computer? The incomplete removal issue is a common problem that many people asked about recently, so this time, let’s what’s the excellent way to remove it from the PC thoroughly.
Discord is a software developed by Hammer & Chisel; it provides communicating services for the users and allows them to communicate online via text, video, and audio. It is commonly installed in “C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Discord” by default, and users can select to uninstall Discord via Windows’ Control Panel or use a third-party uninstaller. However, before you begin the application removal, there are some basic removal difficulties and errors you should pay attention to.
People’s common problems to uninstall Discord
- Discord starts up automatically even though it just removed all of its files, folders, and registry keys
- Discord cannot be found on the programs list of Windows uninstaller
- Discord cannot be moved to Recycle Bin
- Associated files and extensions of the program still appear on a web browser after uninstalling it
To avoid these potential problems during the removal, you should complete steps to get rid of this application. And here are particular directors you can refer to.
How to Uninstall Discord auto-run
After installation, Discord automatically proceeds into Windows 10 startup program. There are several ways to disable its auto-run: using the program itself or using the Windows operating system.
Through Windows settings
Navigate to Task Manager by holding Ctrl+Shift+Esc and move to the Startup tab. Highlight Discord and click Disable.
Through Discord settings
Navigate to User Settings and move to the Windows Settings tab, where inside Startup Behavior, turn off Open Discord. If important, the user can always recover the application to the startup.
Uninstall Discord from PC
To correctly uninstall the Discord application, it is not sufficient to shift its files to the Recycle Bin. To accomplish this, we use the features of Operating Systems Settings.
- Navigate to Start > Settings > System > Apps & Features
- Search for Discord hit Delete, and confirm the deletion.
Discord will be eliminated from the PC via background mode. Then, in just a few seconds, it will disappear from the list of installed programs. Users of previous versions of Windows can use the standard control panel to uninstall the Discord application, similar to the suggested one.
After uninstalling the program using the uninstaller, some tails of the program remain in the system. Therefore, to altogether uninstall Discord, you require to clean the position of the application remnants yourself.
Since the required path is hidden by default, you’ll also have to include hidden files in Windows 10:
- Open the Explorer. It would be best if you had the View tab (top), or more precisely, its Settings.
- In the window that pops up, choose the Show hidden folders, files, and drives option in the View tab.
- Now navigate to the C:\Users\username\AppData path and remove the following files along the way: Local\Discord and Roaming\Discord.
Also, after installing and using any application, the registry records are registered, which are not removed more often after uninstalling the application.
Remove Discord from the registry
The last step to entirely uninstall Discord is to remove the remaining files as follows:
- Open the registry editor. To do this, press Win+R, type regedit and press OK.
- Create a backup copy of the registry. Select File > Export > Entire Registry. Specify the save location, filename, and .reg format, and then click Save.
- Look for the correct registry entries. Hit Ctrl+F, enter Discord in the search box, and then hit OK.
- Delete found items. Right-click the context menu on the selected item, select Delete and confirm. Then use the F3 key to move to the next thing in the registry associated with Discord and repeat the deletion process until all of them are gone (a message “Search Registry is completed” will appear).
To verify that the registry file is Discord-related, double-click it to verify that the name of the remote messenger is located. In this situation, you can safely remove the reg file.
Third-party uninstallers execute it much quicker, simpler, and safer to remove Discord from your PC altogether. There are many examples of such programs: IObit Uninstaller, Revo Uninstaller, ZSoft Uninstaller, and many more for the taste of the user. Consider removing and cleaning your Computer of residual files by the example of Revo Uninstaller.
Removal using Revo Uninstaller
In the All Programs window, search for Discord, select, and click Uninstall (big button on the left). The application automatically generates Full Registry backup and Restore Point, then examines the application and starts the uninstall process. Additionally, the user picks one of 3 scan options: Moderate, Safe, or Advanced, which vary in quality and extent of cleaning, individually. Then press Scan.
After finish the uninstallation, the application scans the registry for the remaining entries. Hit Select All and Delete, then navigate to the next stage of cleaning with the Next button.
The third step in deleting Discord with Revo Uninstaller is searching for the remaining files and folders, which is fully automatic. Like in the previous menu, click Select All and Delete, then finish at the end of the scan.
As you can notice, a specialized application is much simpler and faster, particularly since many of them are available to use for free in Trial or Free versions.
Removal with Absolute Uninstaller
With this utility, removal needs just 2 clicks:
- Under the All Programs menu, search for the Discord icon.
- Hit on Uninstall This Program.
Done. The application will delete Discord in the background mode. The entire process will take about 8 seconds, after which Discord will disappear from the menu of applications.
The method, speed, and quality of uninstallation and clean-up in related applications may vary. Yet, it is almost always intuitive and understandable, as vendors design such programs to meet users’ needs with different PC experiences.
Extra tips to delete Discord account
So users also need to remove their Discord account after deleting this program from the PC, so I would like to give the how-to guides here:
- Start your web browser, and go to Discord’s associated webpage
- Find and locate your profile settings, and there will be a delete account button available.